Fibromyalgia symptoms are very distinctive but quite broad.
The symptoms of Fibromyalgia can vary from person to person. Some symptoms can be worse for some and less for others. Symptoms can also decrease at times and increase at other times. You can also have flare-ups, called flares, at times when symptoms greatly intensify.
Here are the main Fibromyalgia symptoms:
- Widespread pain. Soreness, tenderness, achiness and muscle pain that can last for days, which then finally dissipates and then returns again.
- Sleep problems. Not being able to get to sleep or waking up during the night and not being able to get back to sleep or otherwise restless, disturbed sleep and thus disrupting your ability to get the needed deep sleep that is so vital. This of course contributes to feeling tired and un-refreshed as well as disruption of the body’s healing processes and production of vital hormones.
- Fatigue/Exhaustion, which may or may not be connected to the poor sleep. In some cases even despite good sleep one can experience overwhelming tiredness.
- Difficulty with short-term memory or concentration, known as brain fog or fibro-fog.
- Depression, irritability, nervousness and anxiety are often experienced, possibly as a result of the pain and fatigue.
Other common signs and Fibromyalgia symptoms include:
- Blurred vision or changes in vision.
- Dry and painful eyes.
- Dry membranes in the nose and/or mouth.
- Painful menstrual periods.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain and bloating are often found in people with fibromyalgia.
- Recurrent infections – bladder, urinary tract, eye infections, etc.
- Dry, itchy skin or skin irritations or rash.
If you have some or many of these symptoms, I recommend seeing a doctor, a Rheumatologist or possibly a specialist in Fibromyalgia to discuss these symptoms for a complete diagnosis.
Much more information including treatment options is available in my book: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Illness; Navigating through the confusion and deception, isolating the truly effective, science-based treatments to get the real solutions to recover your health and take back your life!